WHAT TO EXPECT IN EARLY YEARS
- The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) outlines what adults must do to help children learn and develop and to be healthy and safe.
- This guide is for parents* of children from birth to five years old. It will help you find out more about your child’s learning and development in the EYFS.
- The EYFS includes seven areas of learning and development. In this guide the seven areas are split into three age bands**:
- Birth to three
- 4-5 (the reception year in school)
- In each band, there are suggestions about what your child may be doing, and how you can help them. It’s important to remember that children develop in different ways and at different rates.
- After each age band you will find top tips for fun, playful experiences that you and your child can do together at home.
*‘Parent’ is used to mean parents, carers and guardians. **The age bands follow Development Matters, which is the Government’s non -statutory guide for all early years practitioners, childminders, staff in nurseries, nursery schools, and nursery and reception classes in school.
For valid information and guidance view What to Expect in EYFS